Monday, May 29, 2006
Friday, May 19, 2006
Debbie Stoller's The Happy Hooker and Inspired Cable Knits by Fiona Ellis. I have looked through the cable knits book and already have several projects I would LOVE to do. And of course flipped through the Debbie Stoller and went to the store and got..........
I also just set a date to take my Physics registry so all this will have to be put on hold. I only have 5 weeks to study!!!!!!
Of course I have already started a new project. I have been so jealous of everyone else knitting socks and I am LEFT OUT. I hate to be left out and not know how to do things so I got Sensational Knitted Socks, some size 8 dpn's, and some spare worsted weight yarn from the stash (I knew it would come in handy) and started MY sock!!
It's just a little sock with only 32 stitches cast on & it was the 1st project in the book. It's also my 1st time with dpn's and I seem to have finally gotten the hang of it. I hope it turns out okay. This will be my project to work on during study breaks. I'll try to be diligent with it but it may be slow going.
I am still working on GG. I have got about 8 inches done on the body from the underarms, so not much longer to go until I am finished. I have been working on it during the wee hours of the morning at work. Sometimes we have been busy, but I had 2 good nights where we were slow and I can actually tell that progress has been made.
Off to eat breakfast and start my studying!!!!
Sunday, May 14, 2006
100 Things About Me
1. My birthday is September 23rd.
2. I was born in Georgia.
3. I have never moved out of my town & have lived on the same road since I was two.
4. I was raised by a Baptist father & Pentecostal mother. I go to both of their churches.
5. My fiance Scott is my 2nd cousin's ex-husband.
6. I didn't know this when we met.
7. I have a multitude of family.
8. I love Scott VERY much and can't wait to get married.
9. I am the oldest of 4 children.
10. I am sister to Joseph, Hannah, & Abbye.
11. My parents have only been married one time.........to each other. They're still married today.
12.I have no children.
13. I'm not sure I want any anytime soon.
14. But we do have 6 dogs, 4 cats, 3 rabbits, and 3 goats.
15. I have been lactose intolerant since I was born. It makes me have GI explosions.
16. I had reflux so bad when I was a baby I would retch across the room and could hit the wall with my vomit.
17. Mom said it was like the Exorcist.
18. I love to read.
19. I read a book to my class on my 1st day of kindergarten.
20. I am afraid to swim in the ocean.
21. I HATE fish; I don't eat them, swim with them, or walk past their aquariums in the pet store.
22. I do love to eat shrimp though
23. Potatoes are my favorite food
24. I eat them everyday in some shape, form, or fashion.
25. I am going to buy me and Scott motorcycles one day.
26. No crotch rockets though because Scott got arrested when he had his.
27. For popping two wheelies in the middle of town.
28. I have brown hair and hazel eyes.
29. Everyone in my family has brown or black hair and I mean EVERYBODY
30. Except Scott, he's blond
31. I am no longer allowed to use power tools because I gashed my leg open with one.
32. I love to eat potato chips
33. Especially at night........in my bed
34. My grandmother is also a night eater & that is what I inherited from her.
35. It took me 7 years to graduate from college.
36. I only have an associates degree.
37. I was 1 semester from having my BSN & I walked out. I never went back.
38. I changed majors.
39. I waited tables and worked at a hospital during college.
40. I'll never wait tables again unless I am starving to death because I am so poor.
41. I like to cook.
42. I REALLY like to eat.
43. I played the flute and piccolo in high school.
44. I was 1st chair.
45. I won 1st place in my middle school art fair.
47. I can't draw to save my life.
48. I am very organized.
49. I make "to do" lists all the time
50. for everything
52. I learned to knit from a RN in newborn nursery at work.
53. Incorrect punctuation and misspelled words make me want to slit my throat.
54. Scott cannot spell ................ at all
55. I love TV on DVD especially LOST, Grey's Anatomy, Friends, & Gilmore Girls
56. I love Coca Cola
57.I must drink at least one can of Coke whenever I wake up.
58. I don't like to exercise.
59. I hate to be hot or sweat.
60. I love washing dishes because it makes them all clean & shiny.
61. I feel very good about my life as long as my toilet is clean.
62. Then Scott comes in 5 minutes later and messes it up.
63. I want to own my own yarn shop.
64. There is no LYS in my area.
65. I live in the middle of nowhere.
66. I love reading other people's blogs.
67. It inspires me.
68. I can't get into reality TV. In fact I hate it.
69. I broke my arm riding a bike when I was 5.
70. I fell off.
71. My yarn stash is so big I had no idea what I had.
72. So I made a list. It was ridiculously long.
73. I love watching dog shows on Animal Planet.
74. I can watch the same dog show over & over, even though I know who will win.
75. I wish I could win the lottery so that I could quit work.
76. I have a very addictive personality.
77. I am addicted to buying yarn, knitting books, needles, notions, etc.
78. I have never been out of the South.
79. I want to travel outside of my region.
80. I wish my nose was pierced.
81. I love our hammock.
82. It's the only thing we own on Scott's land.
83. Except for the grill.
84. Only 2 things on 10 acres of land.
85. I love shopping online - amazon.com, ebay.com, knitpicks.com, joanns.com, gap.com, victoriassecret.com, & the list goes on .
86. I learned to crochet in 5th grade.
87. Haven't done it since.
88. I am going to learn .......... again.
89. I have been swimming since I was 2.
90. I love to swim ........ in pools.
91. I weighed 98 lbs when I met Scott.
92. I gained 40 lbs. in less than a year.
93. I am still fat.
94. We have been together since 2003.
95. I always clean my table up before I leave a restaurant.
96. So does my best friend Lindsey.
97. I organize my credit cards alphabetically in my wallet.
98. I want a tattoo but have no idea what I would get.
99. I love old farmhouses & antique furniture.
100. We are going to build a rustic log cabin style house in the mountains. At least it has big porches .........................
Wednesday, May 10, 2006
Pink, red, green, blue, turquoise, yellow. I really like any Spring/Summer colors. I am not real fond of brown or purple but I do like lavender.
Preferred yarn weight (Fingering, Sport, DK, maybe even Worsted)?
None, I have favorite patterns like to work with all these yarns.
Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn?
Solid addition: if my pal can do self striping I would rather have that over solid. But whatever is easiest will be fine :)
If your buddy is able to do so, would you like a variegated, self-striping, or self-patterning yarn?
I LOVE love of the self-striping yarns that I seen on various blogs.
Would you be interested in a wool blend sock yarn (nylon, tencel, silk, acrylic, alpaca, etc.)?
Imagine the perfect colorway. What would you name it?
?????? No idea
What was the biggest appeal to you for joining this dye-along?
To learn to do something new & fun & to join my 1st swap
General yarn/fiber questions:Have you dyed yarn/fiber before?
If so, what is your favorite dye and method?
Do you spin?
Have you knit socks before?
No, but I am very anxious to learn and have a book & several materials from the internet on how to learn to make them
Do you use sock yarn for just socks or in other patterns too?
What are some of your favorite yarns?
Hum, no real favorites. I do like Knit Picks pretty wellbecausee they are affordable and have some really great non-acrylic yarn. I do not likeacrylicc yarns.
What yarn do you totally covet?
Rowan Kid Silk Haze
Not really, but I do have a lot like I like. Mason Dixon Knitting has several that I love love love; well just about all of their patterns I love :)
Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object?
Log Cabin blanket from Mason Dixon Knitting.
Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)?
Circs probably since that's what I learned on. I have a Boye Needle Master and like it, and I also like my bamboo straight needles for scarves and things that aren't very wide.
If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be?
Rowan - maybe All Seasons Cotton so I could be a T-shirt
Nothing to do with knitting/yarn/fiber in any way but seemed kinda fun:Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack?
Cinnamon Red Hots are my all time favorite. I like Nerds and just about anything with coconut in it.
What is your favorite animal?
Don't really have one
Do you have pets?
What are their species/names/ages?
2 Weimeraners - 1 - Blaine & Scrappy. 3 mutts - Lila, Jodi, & Angela. Labrador (black) - Murphy who is Scott's so I am not sure how old he is.
4 cats - Will(4), Sunshine(4)Smoochieie(3), & Sherbert (7 months)
3 rabbits - Cadberry, Daisy, and I don't even know what the other one's name is
If you were a color what color would you be?
Describe your favorite shirt (yours or someone else's)..
Just any old comfortable T-shirt
What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature?
????? No idea
Tell me the best quote you've ever heard or read.
Do you have a wishlist?
Yes on Amazon.com
Anything else you'd like to share with the group today?
I would just like to say thank you to my swap buddy for the effort that they put into the yarn that I will receive. Also thank you to Scout for starting this whole Dye-o-rama and everyone that has contributed to it!!!!
Saturday, May 06, 2006
Somebody threw out this little brown dog. Me and Scott went fishing, came home, and there he was. People are always throwing animals out because we live in the middle of nowhere. Anyway, I named him Little Brown Dog and he followed me around everywhere and was basically a good sweet little dog. We got rid of him, but in a good way. Mom took him to the vet who removed some warts from his face and thinks she has found him a home :) A little elderly lady that brought her dog to the vet had recently lost said pet, and thought maybe Little Brown Dog would be a good replacement. If she doesn't want him and no home can be found he will be given to a organization that will find him a home but does NOT euthanize.
About the same time that we got rid of LBD, Hannah (my sister) comes home from the Hardware store with Daisy Doodles.
She really is a cute little rabbit and is living in the house. However, she is very scared and likes to run from you and hide under the bed. Hannah let one of our cats in her room to run Daisy out and they never come out. So the bed is torn apart and there is the cat and Daisy cuddled up together; aaawwwww! Anyway, she hides under the bed and if you set out food for her she runs out, grabs a piece, then runs back under the bed. Hopefully, with a lots of time and petting she will come around.
And this fatty is our first house cat, Sunshine. I woke up the other day to her talking in the hall - she was lonely because Smoochie and Sherbert (the other 2 cats) were gone to the vet and she was trying to call them and couldn't figure out where they went. Pitiful huh?
Hopefully this week I can get some pics of the Weims and the other kitties, and of course the goats which is another pet which Scott brought home. But this is a start to the chronicle of the pets.
Kool Aid Yarn
I also had my 1st dyeing experience the other night and while my lime green Kool Aid skein did not come out to be one solid color, I still like it. I really didn't stir it like I should have so the bottom of the skein got darker than the top so it's a little varigated. It's hard to tell in the pictures but trust me, it is.
I was SO excited to finally dye some yarn that I cut the strings that hold it together as a skein and just threw it in the pot!!! So then I got this .....
Yeah, took me like 6 hours to untangle it, but I did get the ENTIRE thing done.
I did a little better with the pink lemonade skein, and I left it tied on each end. I think I will call this color way Pretty In Pink. Not very original I know but I do just love that movie:)
Wedding Blast 2006
Me and Amy met at Panera Bread Saturday morning for some good 'ol bagels and coffee and we both showed up wearing this.........
The girls getting their hair did
After our hair appointments it was makeup and to the church!!!
While everyone was getting ready the baby of the wedding group had a wonderful time with my lotion bottle in the floor.
She really was the best baby EVER and smiled and laughed and slept. Scott said that if we ever had kids he wants them to act like her. From my lips to God's ears......
And then the appearance of the bride!!!
I was really happy for Jennifer but very glad that the ceremony was short. I had never been in a wedding before and I guess I didn't realize how long you seem to be standing in front of a church full of people. Honestly 5 minutes feels like 2 hours. Another of life's lessons...........
After the wedding of course came the PARTY!!!!!
You can just look at Aims & note that we had a wonderful time. No shoes, dance music, Scott thinking he was DJ Clue..what more does a girl need ;)
We all had a good time and I hope that Jennifer & Daniel are very happy together. They are spending their honeymoon on a cruise to some place tropical and warm.......................lucky stiffs!