Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Dye-o-rama Meme

Your favorite colors?
Pink, red, green, blue, turquoise, yellow. I really like any Spring/Summer colors. I am not real fond of brown or purple but I do like lavender.

Preferred yarn weight (Fingering, Sport, DK, maybe even Worsted)?
None, I have favorite patterns like to work with all these yarns.

Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn?
Solid addition: if my pal can do self striping I would rather have that over solid. But whatever is easiest will be fine :)

If your buddy is able to do so, would you like a variegated, self-striping, or self-patterning yarn?
I LOVE love of the self-striping yarns that I seen on various blogs.

Would you be interested in a wool blend sock yarn (nylon, tencel, silk, acrylic, alpaca, etc.)?
Yes

Imagine the perfect colorway. What would you name it?
?????? No idea

What was the biggest appeal to you for joining this dye-along?
To learn to do something new & fun & to join my 1st swap

General yarn/fiber questions:Have you dyed yarn/fiber before?
No

If so, what is your favorite dye and method?


Do you spin?
No

Have you knit socks before?
No, but I am very anxious to learn and have a book & several materials from the internet on how to learn to make them

Do you use sock yarn for just socks or in other patterns too?


What are some of your favorite yarns?
Hum, no real favorites. I do like Knit Picks pretty wellbecausee they are affordable and have some really great non-acrylic yarn. I do not likeacrylicc yarns.

What yarn do you totally covet?
Rowan Kid Silk Haze

Favorite patterns?
Not really, but I do have a lot like I like. Mason Dixon Knitting has several that I love love love; well just about all of their patterns I love :)

Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object?
Log Cabin blanket from Mason Dixon Knitting.

Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)?
Circs probably since that's what I learned on. I have a Boye Needle Master and like it, and I also like my bamboo straight needles for scarves and things that aren't very wide.


If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be?
Rowan - maybe All Seasons Cotton so I could be a T-shirt

Nothing to do with knitting/yarn/fiber in any way but seemed kinda fun:Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack?
Cinnamon Red Hots are my all time favorite. I like Nerds and just about anything with coconut in it.

What is your favorite animal?
Don't really have one

Do you have pets?
Yes

What are their species/names/ages?
2 Weimeraners - 1 - Blaine & Scrappy. 3 mutts - Lila, Jodi, & Angela. Labrador (black) - Murphy who is Scott's so I am not sure how old he is.
4 cats - Will(4), Sunshine(4)Smoochieie(3), & Sherbert (7 months)
3 rabbits - Cadberry, Daisy, and I don't even know what the other one's name is

If you were a color what color would you be?
Red

Describe your favorite shirt (yours or someone else's)..
Just any old comfortable T-shirt

What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature?
????? No idea

Tell me the best quote you've ever heard or read.


Do you have a wishlist?
Yes on Amazon.com

Anything else you'd like to share with the group today?
I would just like to say thank you to my swap buddy for the effort that they put into the yarn that I will receive. Also thank you to Scout for starting this whole Dye-o-rama and everyone that has contributed to it!!!!