Friday, May 19, 2006

I got packages!!!!

Debbie Stoller's The Happy Hooker and Inspired Cable Knits by Fiona Ellis. I have looked through the cable knits book and already have several projects I would LOVE to do. And of course flipped through the Debbie Stoller and went to the store and got..........


I also just set a date to take my Physics registry so all this will have to be put on hold. I only have 5 weeks to study!!!!!!

Of course I have already started a new project. I have been so jealous of everyone else knitting socks and I am LEFT OUT. I hate to be left out and not know how to do things so I got Sensational Knitted Socks, some size 8 dpn's, and some spare worsted weight yarn from the stash (I knew it would come in handy) and started MY sock!!


It's just a little sock with only 32 stitches cast on & it was the 1st project in the book. It's also my 1st time with dpn's and I seem to have finally gotten the hang of it. I hope it turns out okay. This will be my project to work on during study breaks. I'll try to be diligent with it but it may be slow going.

I am still working on GG. I have got about 8 inches done on the body from the underarms, so not much longer to go until I am finished. I have been working on it during the wee hours of the morning at work. Sometimes we have been busy, but I had 2 good nights where we were slow and I can actually tell that progress has been made.

Off to eat breakfast and start my studying!!!!