Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Happy happy news!!!! I am going to be going to part time status at work, but still getting full time hours. So what that means is that I am going to start receiving benefits (insurance, vacation time, etc.) but still work the same amount of hours. This is awsome because it means that I can FINALLY quit my old job!!!! Sadly, I will be making a little less money, but no biggie, 'cause it's still an awesome deal.
Sadly, my computer has just DIED. This will be a picture-less post and I am saddened to have to say goodbye to my friend of 6 years. My life officially sucks, and I need a new computer. I have the money, but don't really want to shed the extra cash for it when I could use that to pay off some bills and buy more yarn. I am such a penny pincher since I got this new job. I think that it's because I finally have some extra cash.
I have gotten my International Scarf Exchange partner and finally ordered the yarn for her scarf!!!! Don't know much about her and she hasn't posted much to her blog so I really hope that she likes what I have in mind. I also ordered a few little things to go with her scarf in the package. Is anybody else sending extra stuff? If so, what? I could use a few ideas because I don't have a LYS so all my stuff comes from the net. I haven't surfed a lot lately and, once again don't know much about her, so I am stuck. I don't want to get her something she won't like, but oh well. At least I am trying and it is the thought that counts :)
In other knitting news, everyone needs to check out a new podcast I discovered!!!! It is 2 women, called Lime and Violet, and OH MY GOODNESS I am hooked. Seriously. I made my brother download all their podcasts at a friends house ( cause we have crappy DIAL UP) and have been listening to them on the road. They are at http://limenviolet.blogspot.com and I LOVE these women. They're crazy. Seriously.
Well, that's about all I have to catch up on for now. I have to finish up my English paper which is due on Friday. The topic: Knitting. It is a descriptive paper with no references so I am describing how knitting makes me feel and why I like it. Pray for me cause these teachers are tough and kinda mean. We don't like them at all.

Note; I do have a finished object but can't share because then a certain co-worker whom is expecting would know what it was. I will share later, but I'll say this; it came from MDK and I finished it in one day.