Saturday, July 22, 2006

I've been waiting for this moment........

............... for all my life.

I KNOW it's been awhile since I have posted. But it's a good thing really. See I GOT A NEW JOB!!!!!!! So of course I had to buy new clothes, trying to get all my shot records, blood work, physical, etc etc. I am very excited because

A #1 I will be getting paid 2.5 times more than I currently do
B #2 It's a larger teaching hospital with a GREAT cardiology department
C #3 I will be doing what I actually went to school to do ;)

So good things all around, except that I have to drive a lot farther than my current job, kind of cuts into my knitting time, and I will be working 5 days a week with no benefits 'cause it's PRN (for now). There is the chance of a full time position in the next 6-9 months, so for the time being I am working 2 days a month at my current job to keep my benefits there. Knowing me as soon as I quit and my insurance ran out something horrible would happen and I would owe 2 million dollars in medical bills. So busy times are here.

Plus, I started back to school and I am trying to get ready to take my registry. I can practice without being registered, but as for as accreditation goes and being hired somewhere else, I NEED to be registered. So, not much progress in the knitting department. I have about half of a sleeve done on Scott's sweater, and I have gotten half of the baby blanket done so maybe a little bit of progress has been made. Nothing picture worthy though.

Sherbert in a box. Even though she doesn't look happy about it, she LOVES sitting in boxes, cabinets, baskets, etc.